Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers Slot Review
Key game features
|Theme||Movies and TV|
|Jackpot type (normal/progressive)||N/A|
Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers slot game overview
Pros and cons
- Maximum win of $250,000
- Wild Reels from Ruby Slippers Feature
- Free Spins from Emerald City Free Spins Feature
- Choose Tokens Bonus Feature
- Boring soundtrack
- Average graphics
- Confusing feature descriptions
Top 5 Reasons Why We Rated The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers: Good
Review of The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers key features
How to play The Wizard of Oz Ruby SlippersAs soon as you load up The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers, it’s clear you’re not in Kansas anymore with the Emerald City background. There’s no background music, but reels spin with fun sound effects.The symbols at The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers show plenty of characters and things you’ll recognize from the movie, including Toto the Dog, an Apple, a Basket, Glinda, and an Hourglass. 7 scatter symbols show the main characters, including Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tinman, and the Cowardly Lion. All of these scatters interact with each other in different ways to provide you with different bonus features and perks in those bonus games.The game allows you to bet from $0.30 up to $60 and has an RTP of 95.96%, which is very close to the industry average. The game has a 5x3 grid and 30 paylines for you to hit.
Now you know how to play this video slot, read some of our tips on how to win online slot games.
The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers jackpots and bonusesOz has always been a land of wonder and amazement, but we were thrilled to see that The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers keeps things exciting with 4 different bonus features.
1. Ruby Slippers Feature: You can trigger this feature randomly on any spin with no Jackpot, Wicked Witch, Wizard, or Crystal Ball spin. Bubbles will appear around the screen and turn a maximum of 4 reels into Wild Reels. The Ruby Slippers may also give you a multiplier of 2x or 5x, or even 10x if a Glinda symbol falls on the screen.
2. Find the Broom Feature: You'll start this feature if 2 or more scatters land on reels 1-4 with the Wicked Witch Scatter in reel 5. You’ll be presented with Wizard of Oz Tokens, and you need to choose which one to flip. You’ll find 2x, 3x, 4x, or 6x rewards under these Tokens.You get to keep flipping until you uncover the Small Wicked Witch Token, which gives you 2x your bet. If you turn over every symbol without hitting the Small Wicked Witch Token, you’ll get the Clear All 50x bonus. You can also find the Broom Group Token, which will let you discover the Wicked Witch Treasure Token, which awards 10x, 15x, 20x, or 25x your bet. Depending on which character scatter helped you trigger the bonus, you’ll get different rewards from when you find these character’s tokens, like Wicked Witch Savers and payouts.
3. Emerald City Free Spins Feature: Land 2 or more scatters and the Wizard Scatter in reel 5 to get 5 free spins. If a Dorothy Scatter helps you get this feature, you’ll get another 5 free spins. If it was a Scarecrow Scatter, every Group symbol turns into a Scarecrow Wild, whereas if it was a Tinman Scatter, all wins are multiplied by 3x. Finally, if a Cowardly Lion helped trigger the Free Spins Feature, you’ll get a Cowardly Lion Wild Reel on a random reel for every free spin.You can earn more free spins by landing 3 or more scatter during this feature. If 4 scatters fall into your grid, you’ll get 5 or 10 free spins and 5x your bet. With 5 scatters, you’ll get 5 or 10 free spins and 10x your bet.
4. Crystal Ball Feature: Two or more scatters and the Crystal Ball Scatter will start the Crystal Ball Feature. A crystal ball will appear on the screen, and characters will pop up inside. You keep getting money until the Wicked Witch pops up. You have a chance to win a maximum of 500x your bet with this feature.
The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers mobile options
You can play The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers on a mobile device, as the slot uses HTML5 technology to fit any screen size. Most real money casinos will allow you to play the game through your mobile browser or a casino app.One downside of the mobile version is that the Ruby Slippers icon on the toolbar on the desktop disappears. While this feature still works on mobile, when it activates, it covers part of the grid, which is awkward. However, aside from this issue, everything else functions well on mobile, and it’s actually easier to change your stake.
ConclusionThe Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers slot has plenty of magic to keep players coming back for more, starting with its excellent realization of its movie-inspired game. The slot also has 4 bonus features and a maximum win of $250,000 to attract high-rollers looking for regular wins with medium variance.While there is a lot to like about The Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers, some points still need improving. The soundtrack is pretty uninspired, and the descriptions of the bonus features in the paytable are long and confusing. Even with these flaws, plenty of players will close their eyes and wish to play this WMS Gaming slot.
Looking for something a little different? Discover more of our online slot reviews.